Jury and Barrier Exam Procedures
Both students and faculty start at this page to use the Jacksonville State University David L. Walters Department of Music paper-free jury system. All students and faculty must have user accounts to use the system.
- Account creation:
Start by creating a user account by selecting “Sign Up" from the Login/Register link in the main menu. Please use your @jsu.edu email address and your first and last names as you are known to your applied teacher.
The password can be anything you choose, as long as it is at least 6 characters long and contains only the characters a-z, A-Z, and 0-9. You may also use a Google, Facebook or Twitter account to login.
- To create and submit a Repertoire Record:
- Log in to your account if you have not already done so.
- Select "Rep Records" from the main menu.
- Click "New" to start a new document, or if you wish to edit one you have already created, click "Edit."
- Fill in the fields as indicated. If your applied teacher is not shown on the dropdown select, please contact him or her and ask that s/he create a user account on the system and notify your local administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org of that action.
- When finished, click "Save and Close.”
- If you wish to edit a document already created, follow steps 1 and 2, then click on the title to reopen your record for editing. Be sure to click "Save" when finished and wait for the message that the document has been saved before leaving the page.
- Please be aware that all students must complete a repertoire record before their jury.
- To sign up for a jury or audition time:
- Log in to your account.
- Select "Booking—>Book a Time" from the main menu.
- Choose your instrument or applied area.
- (if there are multiple time or type options) Choose the type of performance you are giving.
- Click a button to select the time you wish to play.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Book Now."
- You will see a confirmation screen. You will also receive a confirmation email with your chosen day and time and a "cancel code."
If for any reason, you need to change a jury time for which you've already signed up, log in, choose Book a Time, enter the cancel code into the appropriate box and click the cancel button. Alternately, you may log in, choose "My Booking" and click "cancel now." Then access the booking screen to choose a new time.